Monday, September 3, 2012

New York, New York...My Home Town

It was so good to be back in NY this summer...its been a long time since I was there. I am working on my last class at NMU and as soon as I am finished I will be moving back there. I want to spend the rest of my years back in NY where I belong and this final decision was made as soon as I stepped foot back on Manhattan Island..that was the cherry on the cake..or apple in this case. All I kept thinking was, "How could I have ever left?" New York New York A Hell Of a Town...every song, poem and story based on this city is right on. I love Billy Joels' New York State Of Mind... I am always in a New York State Of Mind...

I love the hustle and bustle of NY and the fact that no one gives a shit who you are, what you look like, or what you wear, or how crazy you are...its a great place to hide from life and reality for that matter, Believe me I could use some hiding from life....Ahhhh NY my home sweet home....
Street musicians were always one of my favorite experiences in NY along with artist. The band in this photo had a Latino feel and it was a wonderful, "Hello and welcome home" for me. I wanted to stay all day and just chill like I used to. Maybe a trip to Little Italy. I used to go to there all the time on Sundays to Ferrara's Bakery for a cup of cappuccino and an Italian pastry. I would sell my soul to have that time back in my life...
Times Square an exciting place to be in NY especially New Years Eve...I am making it a goal to be there for 2013. All I have to do is finish school which is what I am doing and I am out of here...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment